Due to the high yields and quality requirements, potatoes have become a highly demanding crop. On the other hand, the need not to repeat the crop on the same plot means that fertilisers must act quickly and throughout the crop cycle.
The #ReadytoGO concept sums up everything the potato crop demands. Immediate availability of nutrients, incorporation of a large amount of #microelements and organic nitrogen that remains active throughout the cycle.
On the other hand, an ultra-early supply of nitrate nitrogen is necessary for a vigorous start.
Effects on tuberisation
- Organic nitrogen: Nitrogen control is essential for optimum tuberisation. Excess nitrogen delays tuberisation, hence favouring the aerial part of the plant. The supply of organic nitrogen allows a controlled release of nitrogen that facilitates tuber formation.
- Phosphorus and calcium: They induce early tuberisation, a greater number of tubers and an increase in dry matter.
- Available potassium: Potassium is the most consumed element in potatoes. Providing potassium in a complexed form, with organic matter, ensures its availability throughout the cycle, thus ensuring good harvests.
- Zinc, magnesium and molybdenum: #microelements are very important for proper tuber development. The most important are zinc, magnesium and molybdenum.
In potato cultivation, we set ourselves the following goals:
- Uniform emergence: In potato cultivation, a fast and uniform emergence of the crop is required. We therefore recommend an early application of calcium nitrate in fractions, while avoiding excess nitrogen.
- Homogeneous calibres: An important economic factor is that the calibres should be as homogeneous as possible. Phosphorus, calcium and zinc are directly involved in uniformity. Having these elements bound to organic matter improves their assimilation.
- End of cycle: To obtain good yields in potato crops, it is necessary for the plant to vegetate until the end of the crop. Thus, the plant achieves larger yields thanks to the fact that the tuber receives sugars and nutrients until harvest. This is achieved thanks to the incorporation of #FRpower, #microelements and our organic nitrogen.
In horticultural crops and specifically in potatoes, organic soil management helps to better control diseases and pathogens.
- Microbiological Reality: Lack of biological competence (beneficial microorganisms) increases crop diseases. INPROG products incorporate a large number of beneficial microorganisms thanks to #biomix, hence significantly reducing fungal and bacterial infections.
- Physicochemical reason: The lack of #microelements and essential elements decreases the plants’ natural defences. Through #FRpower we are able to provide and supply the plant with all the necessary nutrients to keep the secondary metabolism active, which stimulates the plant’s natural defences.
Prevention of nutritional deficiencies
In most cases, nutritional deficiencies become visible when the damage is severe. Prior to this, the crop has already undergone stress, which has an impact on the yield. It is very important that the most scarce or least available nutrients are always available from the onset of the vegetative cycle.
In the case of potatoes, these minerals are as follows:
The pre-planting supply of FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL fertilisers guarantees the correct nutrition of the crop, thus correcting visible or non-visible nutritional deficiencies. The initial supply of all the essential minerals bound to stable organic matter of noble origin (#multifem) is crucial.
Year after year, the supply of the FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL products improves kg/ha production and homogenises calibres. This is the conclusion reached in trials carried out by the company and in research centres.
This increase is due to the accumulation, in the soil, of #microelements and essential elements available to the plant. This allows the plant to regulate itself and produce more and better.
What do experts think?
- Increased tuberisation,
more pieces per plant.
- Healthier plants.
- Better sprouting.
- Active plant until the
end of the cycle.
For the farmer
- Easy and efficient incorporation
of a large amount
- We provide a large amount of
essential #FRpower minerals.
- We rebalance
soil microbiology (#biomix).
- We facilitate the management of
- Incorporation of high-quality
- More homogeneous calibres.
- Lower incidence of
stains and marks.
- Higher dry matter