Lettuce cultivation is a widely distributed crop throughout the country. In the different regions, lettuce shows the same problems and needs. This diversity leads to a differentiated management according to agro-climatic and soil conditions.
Lettuce is a demanding and highly technical crop. As it is short-cycle crop (60-120 days), it requires that all nutrients are available throughout the crop cycle.
One of the major challenges in lettuce cultivation is the reduction or elimination of TIPBURN.
All INPROG fertilisers provide, to a greater or lesser extent, calcium and microelements complexed with organic matter, which ensures good plant nutrition.
In lettuce cultivation, as in many horticultural crops, we set ourselves the following goals:
- Vigorous onset: In lettuce cultivation, a quick and vigorous start of the crop is required, as it is a short-cycle crop. Therefore, an early application of nitrate is recommended.
- Homogeneous growth: It is important that the crop develops homogeneously, in order to unify the harvest of lettuce. A crucial factor is the availability of all #microelements. Thus, INPROG incorporates #FRpower technology in its products.
- Visual quality: To obtain good yields and quality in lettuce cultivation, visual assessments of the lettuce are important. The turgidity, colour and absence of damage (burned edges, dry leaves, etc.) are closely linked to the availability of nutrients, especially #microelements. Thanks to the incorporation of #FRpower, FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL fertilisers solve an important part of the problem.
General nutritional deficiencies
With regard to lettuce, there are three elements that limit yields and quality:
The FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL ranges naturally contain a large amount of these 4 elements, thus providing an easy and efficient solution for fertilising with these nutrients.
In horticultural crops and specifically lettuce, organic soil management helps to better control diseases and pathogens.
- Microbiological reality: The lack of biological competence (beneficial microorganisms) increases crop diseases, whereas INPROG products incorporate a large number of beneficial microorganisms thanks to #biomix, hence significantly reducing fungal and bacterial infections.
- Physicochemical reason: The lack of #microelements and essential elements decreases the plants’ natural defences. Through #FRpower we are able to provide and supply the plant with all the necessary nutrients to keep the secondary metabolism active, which stimulates the plant’s natural defences.
Prevention of nutritional deficiencies
In most cases, nutritional deficiencies become visible when the damage is severe. Prior to this, the crop has already undergone stress, which has an impact on the yield. It is very important that the most scarce or least available nutrients are always available from the onset of the vegetative cycle.
In the case of lettuce, these minerals are as follows:
The pre-planting supply of FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL fertilisers guarantees the correct nutrition of the crop, thus correcting both visible and non-visible nutritional deficiencies. The initial supply of all the essential minerals bound to stable organic matter of noble origin (#multifem) is crucial.
The supply, year after year, of the FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL products improves production in terms of size and weight. This is the conclusion reached in trials carried out by the company and in research centres.
This increase is due to the accumulation, in the soil, of #microelements and essential elements available to the plant. This allows the plant to regulate itself and produce more and better.
What do experts think?
- Improved head development.
- Decrease in
diseases, such as tipburn.
For the farmer
- Easy and
efficient incorporation of a large amount
- We provide a large amount
- We rebalance
- We improve the efficiency of
P, Ca and S nutrients.
- More homogeneous plants.
- Decrease in losses
due to rotting.