The goal of stone fruit growers is to obtain high yields with excellent quality. Thus, they manage to make their farms profitable.
One of the most important factors is tree nutrition, and this has to be balanced and complete, covering all macro and #microelements throughout the crop cycle.
Brix and calibres
The sugar content (BRIX degrees) in these crops is linked to several nutrients, such as sulphur, potassium, magnesium and #microelements, the lack of any of which hinders the synthesis of these sugars in the fruit.
On the other hand, calibres are conditioned by elements such as sulphur, calcium, zinc and other #microelements.
INPROG manufactures all its fertiliser ranges with the aim of providing a solution for a comprehensive and balanced nutrition and, in particular, to improve Brix degrees and increase calibres.
These four parameters are sought after in stone fruit plantations:
- Calibre increase: A balanced N-P-K fertilisation, together with the supply of all #microelements and essential elements (#FRpower), activates the primary and secondary metabolism, resulting in higher calibres.
- Production stability: The supply of #microelements, sulphur and extended-release organic nitrogen increases the tree's reserves for winter dormancy. These reserves have a direct impact on ensuring fruit set and preventing flower and fruit drop.
- Strengthening of natural defences: These defences depend on the supply of #FRpower #microelements and essential elements, which stimulate and activate the compounds that act as natural defences.
- Brix and colour: Brix and colour are closely linked to potassium and sulphur. That these nutrients are in assimilable forms guarantees the crop’s success.
In stone fruit trees, there are four nutritional elements that are key to high yields:
The FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL ranges naturally contain a large amount of these 4 elements, thus providing an easy, direct and efficient solution for fruit tree fertilisation.
Prevention of nutritional deficiencies
In most cases, nutritional deficiencies become visible when the condition is severe. Prior to this, the crop has already undergone stress, which has a direct impact on the yield. It is very important that the most scarce or least available nutrients are always available from the onset of the vegetative cycle.
In stone fruits, they are as follows:
The annual supply of FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL fertilisers guarantees the correct nutrition of the crop, thus preventing visible or non-visible nutritional deficiencies. The annual supply of all the essential minerals bound to a stable organic matter of noble origin (#multifem) is crucial.
The supply, year after year, of the FORTEC-FR and NUBIECOL products improves production both in terms of calibres and kg/ha. This is the conclusion obtained in a trial at IRTA-Mas Badia on the cultivation of apple trees. These results can be applied to all woody crops.
This increase is due to the accumulation, in the soil, of #microelements and essential elements available to the plant. This allows the plant to regulate itself and produce more and better.
What do experts think?
- Increased fruit set.
- Prevention of nutritional
- Extending the productive life of
- Increase of pieces/tree without reducing calibres from the third year of application.
For the farmer
- Incorporation of
- We provide a large amount
of #microelements and
essential minerals. #FRpower
- We facilitate the management of
- Higher calibres.
- Easier to
obtain a better colour.
- Improved Brix degrees.
- Greater fruit hardness.