INPROG, in collaboration with IRTA – Mas Badia (Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology), has carried out trials on GALA apple plantations during the years 2017 – 2020.
The aim of the trials was to compare an organomineral fertiliser (FORTEC-FR VIPO) with a chemical fertiliser by measuring the differences in Production and Quality parameters of the fruits obtained during three consecutive years (the 3rd, 4th and 5th year of production of the trees).
We have used 2,000 kg/ha of organomineral fertiliser to carry out the studies, always with the same NPK units.
- Organomineral INPROG fertiliser FORTEC-FR VIPO
- Chemical Fertiliser
Studies have focused on determining the differences in quantity and quality obtained and specifically:
- Calibre Distribution
- Colour – Hardness – Brix degrees
PRODUCTION EVOLUTION – PROFITABILITY
The study graphs show a significant increase in Cumulative Effect Production over the 3 years of the trial. The production results have lead to an increase in financial profitability and revenue (€/ha).
When analysing the graphs, we can observe the following:
- Increased production of commercial-size fruits, especially those over 75 mm, with organomineral fertilisation, FORTEC-FR VIPO.
- Stability over time of the increase in the production of commercial calibres, especially those over 75 mm, without being reduced by an increase in Tn/ha.
From the Results obtained in the 3 years of trials with FORTEC-FR VIPO the following can be seen:
- An increase in the production of Commercial Calibres within the intervals between 70-75 mm and 75 mm, without altering the fruit’s quality parameters.
- The use of FORTEC-FR VIPO in fertilisation produces a cumulative effect in the increase of annual production, sustained over time.
- The increased production translates into an increase in economic profitability, which is higher than what can be obtained with chemical fertilisation and, what is more, with a similar fertilisation cost.